- How to define and develop the strengths of his personality
- Method of determining and measuring the strengths of personality
- 1. Determine what are the strengths of character
- 2. Use friends and relatives
- 3. Remember the extraordinary situation and analyze them
- 4. Resort to the help of tests
- 5. Exit the comfort zone
- Strengths, according to researchers from the Gallup
How to define and develop the strengths of his personality
Many people are well aware of their weaknesses is flawed. They had since childhood indicate first the parents, if the child does not meet their expectations, then teachers, friends or colleagues. Some are even trying to get rid of them-from these shortcomings, fighting with them, because they get to achieve goals, build relationships with people.
The permanent focus on our shortcomings, self-flagellation, lead to low self-esteem and the emergence of different complexes and phobias.
About your strengths-the virtues of people think much less frequently. And in vain. Man knows not his virtues, it's hard to love yourself. He who does not love himself, cannot truly love others, and thus to live in harmony with oneself and the world. "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," reads a commandment of God.
And despite the fact that this commandment is as old as the world, the love to yourself until recently was considered abnormal and condemned. To the person who stated that he likes, treated with distrust as selfish, because for years it produced "love yourself is bad!".
Psychologists say that bad-not love yourself, because people are not loving yourself, subconsciously configured that it isn't worthy of a better life. He is satisfied with what is and is not seeking to make any effort to develop and move forward.
"I'm beautiful, I'm strong, I'm smart, I'm good. And I myself all this opened "-said the famous Polish philosopher Stanislaw satirist Jerzy LEC.
Love yourself does not mean care less about others and seek to capture more, even from someone else's backyard. Loving yourself is first of all to appreciate yourself. And to know their worth, you need to determine its merits.
Method of determining and measuring the strengths of personality
1. Determine what are the strengths of character
To begin, let's define what we mean by the strengths of character, because each person has their own idea of life values. What traits attract us in other people, what would we like to see ourselves what we dislike in ourselves and others, that makes us happy and unhappy ? we rarely think on these issues. But answering them can better know yourself.
Who our hero ? cheerful extremals and owner of several dozens of different businesses Richard Branson, whose credo is expressed in the title of his book, "to hell with it all! And let's do it! ", or creative Bill Gates, or favorite aunt, became a volunteer at the children's Hospital?
2. Use friends and relatives
If it is difficult for us to determine your strengths (excessive modesty does not allow), you can enlist the help of relatives, friends, colleagues, whose estimated we trust. In fact, from the side, as they say, knows better.
Each of them can be asked to think about and answer the question, what they like most about us, what they love and appreciate us. Let them answer also, what talent, in their view, we have.
Responses must not be abstract and concrete ? indicating the situation when they noticed in the US, these virtues and abilities.
The best way to conduct such a test is not "eye to eye", and by e-mail: firstly, our friends will have time to think, and secondly, in the letter they will answer more sincerely.
After getting all the answers they need to analyze and highlight. For example, most respondents will note that we maintain composure in stressful situations, inspire optimism in other people, determined and able to empathize ? means we possess features of innate leader and we have to respect myself for that!
- Что выгодно продавать: 15 вариантов товаров
- ТОП прибыльных акций для начинающего инвестора в 2019 году
- Субсидии малому бизнесу от государства в 2019 году
- Что пользуется спросом у населения в 2019 году?
- ТОП 10 Прибыльных франшиз в 2019 году
- Топ 20 лучших прибыльных бизнес-идей 2018-2019
- Что возить из Китая, чтобы заработать?
- Бизнес за миллион рублей: 6 крутых идей
- Что продавать в интернет-магазинах в 2019 году
3. Remember the extraordinary situation and analyze them
Remember the unexpected situations that we've hit, and analyze their actions: we have lost control over himself or kept myself in his hands, tried to influence the course of events or retreated before the unforeseen circumstances, whether expressed firmness and made the right decision or retreated, shifting the responsibility onto others.
The more such situations we remember and consider their behavior in them, the more detail will turn our "portrait". The situation is not necessarily possible extreme, but they must be extraordinary, demanding a quick decision.
But exactly the same bad many know themselves. Easy to say: "behold I would in his place …", but when you really "in its place, sometimes perform amazing acts for himself. And you will know yourself-present.
4. Resort to the help of tests
You can get to know yourself and using tests that are written by professionals. It is advisable to include as many questions.
At first glance, this lesson seems frivolous. Obviously, because the tests are often found in glossy magazines and most of them are humorous in nature. Believe in these tests is that trust coffee horoscopes.
On the creation of the same professional tests runs an army of psychologists, so they are used by recruitment agencies, providing quality recruitment. Thanks to these tests, you can get the full psychological characteristic of every human being.
Professional psychological tests is available online: they allow you to determine the level of your self-esteem, intelligence quotient (IQ), the ability to logical and creative thinking, etc. There is also a test for determining the type of personality, temperament, character properties of the nervous system.
For example, test or 16 Kettela-factor questionnaire is a psihodiagnosticheskuju methodology developed under the supervision of British and American psychologist Raymond Bernard Kettela. This test created in the middle of the last century, is considered one of the best to him and now sought in the recruitment companies, enterprises and organizations. It allows you to identify key traits and abilities of the individual.
Test g. You can test ajzenka their intellectual ability (IQ), which is designed for people aged 18-50 years of age with a high school education (and above).
To understand what we value most is worth answering myself a simple question: in our house fire, family and pets are already out of danger (documents, too), and we have time to save from the fire one more thing ? what we think and why?
5. Exit the comfort zone
We'll never know about their strengths and weaknesses, if not quit familiar comfort zone, so cherish. It is precisely the change we find ourselves.
We strive for stability, but stability sometimes turns into monotony: the same road at work and home, the same people around us, the same situation ? life comes across as a knurled, on autopilot, almost at the level of unconditional reflexes.
Well how would you know that we can in fact? Maybe we are talented, kind, resourceful, courageous, but we never open those qualities in yourself and stay unread book for yourself, if you do not have to change.
One movie hero said: "I'm afraid of change … But I do step forward to meet them because without them it is impossible to grow up and learn yourself ? present.
Strengths, according to researchers from the Gallup
- Adaptability (change himself depending on the requirements of the environment Wednesday, adaptation, flexibility).
- Activation (energy to hit the ground running and make it).
- Analytical thinking (understanding of cause and effect, critical thinking).
- Faith (the existence of deep-rooted values, ideas, the search for the meaning of life).
- Involvement (helping others become solid and successful).
- Imagination (creativity, originality, new ideas and concepts).
- Harmony (the ability to find points of contact, conflict avoidance).
- Discipline (self-discipline, ability to meet during the procedure and structure).
- Achievement (pursuit, productivity, satisfaction from made).
- Significance (great desire for recognition, hard work).
- Individualization (perception of other people as individuals and the recognition of their talents, attention to differences).
- Intelligence (the ability to think in many ways, intellectual discussion, of the decision).
- Information (active learning, curiosity).
- Corrigendum (recognition of the problems and the ability to solve them).
- Communication (explanation, clarification, ability to speak well).
- Competition (hard work to achieve high results, success, winning, and comparative).
- Context (see historical parallels, objectively evaluate what's happening).
- Maximalism (increase personal and group skill level).
- Training (getting pleasure from the process of learning, focused on improving).
- Orientation for the future (future oriented, ability to see opportunity, motivation to action).
- Responsibility (to be someone you can rely on a lot of responsibilities and commitments).
- Relations (establishing close relationship with humans).
- Positivity (enthusiasm, optimism, excitement, stimulation of others).
- Sequence (equal treatment, fairness concerns questions of good and evil).
- Development (see the potential in others and help them to develop it).
- Prudence (take the right decisions, thoroughness, consideration of all options).
- Leadership (ability to cope with conflicts and crises, the ability to be responsible).
- Self-esteem (self-confidence, independent thinking).
- Connectivity (connection of ideas or events in a meaningful whole).
- Strategy (vision, understanding the pros and cons of the situation as a whole, the development of an adequate plan of action).
- Focus (prioritization, setting directions, efficiency).
- The ability to arrange to itself (the rapid establishment of contact with people, creation of groups/relationship).
- Ordering (organisation, coordination, defining the right combination of people and tools).
- Empathy (understanding others, establishing relations support).