Business idea: soap making
According to the statistics of entrepreneurs, a large demand for soap products grows from year to year, which means that those who wish to receive a high level of income can engage in this type of earnings. This is an introductory article, business ideas — soap making, which will make it possible to realize a dream, organize a business and be a successful entrepreneur.
History of the origin of soap making
At all times people used different raw materials for washing things and washing the body. Greeks used sand, Egyptians — a solution based on beeswax. More than 2 thousand years BC. E. Sumerians in the recipe for cooking soap used fat with ash. In the Middle Ages, washing with soap was a great privilege. In the XVII century the soap was patented and serial production began. The initial basis of this product consisted of soda, but scientific discoveries changed the recipe for cooking. This affected the properties and types of soap, as well as the price reduction. Manual production of products is based on the use of old recipes, which are currently in use.
Types of soap:
With vegetables or fruit.
Components of natural soap
The main components of this product are:
1. Soap base, ready-made or manufactured according to a prescription.
2. Base oils:
• Castor, sesame, hazelnut — these components will give hair shine and help get rid of dandruff;
• coconut and palm — form foam, clean the skin of a person;
• Wheat oil — stretches and smoothes the skin, removing wrinkles;
• olive and sea-buckthorn — soften and moisturize the skin;
• Cocoa — has a softening effect.
3. Fragrance (essential oil) — is an antiseptic that positively affects the respiratory system and circulation. Combining several flavors you can get a unique and useful product of high quality.
• natural are made from mineral substances, add turbidity;
• Pigments — used to impart a natural color, and create patterns;
• Mother of pearl is an inorganic substance that adds iridescence to color.
Room for work
The room should be divided into an office, a workshop and a shop. You can use small areas of up to 50 square meters, in which there is light, water and sewage, electric, gas stove. The room in the workshop must be divided into a soap bar, a warehouse of equipment, ingredients.
Equipment and tools
Set of necessary equipment:
1. Gas stove or microwave.
2. Vessels of different volumes for melting and preparing solutions.
3. Silicone or plastic molds.
4. Balance, thermometer.
5. Gloves, respirator.
Recipe and technology of production with their own hands
The technological process of handmade soap manufacturing consists in mixing the ingredients and casting the ingredients into shapes.
The soap base (we buy in the online store) is cut into small cubes, placed in a container, and melted in a microwave oven. Add liquid, soap base, oil, color, flavor. The prepared mixture is poured into a prepared mold. Spray the alcohol on the surface of the soap, with the appearance of air bubbles. The surface is smooth and smooth. After an hour, remove the cooled soap from the mold, holding it by the edges. Products are packed in a cardboard box, or in cellophane.
Soap composition and price:
1. 100 grams of soap base costs from 15 to 25 rubles.
2. 1 milliliter of oil costs 1-2 rubles.
3. Dye from 5 to 8 drops, at a price of 80 rubles per 100 milliliters.
4. Aromatizer from 1 to 3 ml at a price of 4-5 rubles.
The cost of production will be from 30 to 40 rubles per 100-gram.
We sell soap from 100 to 500 rubles.
The payback of the business will be from 1-4 months of work.
Advertising and sales
As an advertising product — make samplers for gifts to relatives and friends. Organize advertising on the Internet, social networks. Invite and conduct a master class in the store. Products put on sale in beauty shops, beauty salons. Offer discounts, and conduct promotions.
In addition, it is necessary:
1. Create a website.
2. To make a high-quality photo of your product.
3. Introduce new methods in the technological process.
4. Collect feedback from customers.
5. Adopt the experience of others.
Plus and minus soap making
The advantages of this business are: a small area, low equipment costs, good profits, quick payback. Soap is constantly consumed and there is demand for it.
To a minus of business the control in laboratory, for reception of the certificate on production concerns.
From the idea to implementation, there is only one step. Soap making is an excellent prospect for rapid economic growth, a lack of high start-up costs, and creative development.