We bring to your attention the typical business plan (feasibility study) of opening a grocery store by walking availability. This business plan can serve as an example for obtaining credit resources in a bank, state support or attracting private investment.
We offer to study the typical opening of a grocery store by walking availability in a city with a population of more than 600 thousand. Man.
- Project description
- Key Business performance indicators
- How much money you need to open a grocery store
- List of starting costs:
- What system of taxation to choose for the registration of business. Okved Code
- What documents are needed to open a product store
- Description of products and services
- Product range
- The structure of the assortment of goods can be represented as a chart:
- How much can you earn on product sales
- Estimated number of visitors (market capacity)
- Production plan of the grocery store
- Working with suppliers
- Financial plan
- City population: 600 ths. persons;
- Trade format: trade Prilavochnogo type;
- Store Location: Sleeping area of the city;
- Type of property: Building in ownership, land plot in rent;
- Working hours: 10:00 – 20:00;
- Number of jobs: 4 sellers;
- Sources of financing: own funds – 590, 000. Rub.; Borrowed funds (private investment) – 2 mln. Rub.
Key Business performance indicators
- Monthly Profit = 118 580 rubles;
- profitability = 11.7%;
- Payback = 21 months.
How much money you need to open a grocery store
List of starting costs:
What system of taxation to choose for the registration of business. Okved Code
The organizational and legal form will be. For food trade, the code okved 52.1 is installed: "Retail trade in nonspecialty stores".
A single tax on imputed income (imputed) will be applied as a tax system. The amount of tax is calculated according to the formula: 15% * (1800 (Basic yield) * sq. m) * K1 * K2. The coefficient k2 for retail food products in the Ulyanovsk region is equal to 0.6; K1 – deflator coefficient in 2013 is equal to 1.569. The planned retail area of the grocery store is 58 m2. As a result of the calculations made, the tax amount will be 14 751 rubles per month.
Location of our store: residential area of the city, sector of multi-storey buildings.
What documents are needed to open a product store
At present the practical activity on realization of the project is started:
- Registration of individual entrepreneurship in the tax service is carried out;
- Agreed place is the location of the grocery store with IPC. A package of documents for the municipal land area of 120 m2 has been assembled. The estimated term of the lease is 5 years with registration in Rosreestre. The cost of Rent-96 thousand. Rubles per year;
- We found a company that is engaged in construction of grocery stores turnkey on favorable terms.
The operating mode of the organization is planned to be set from 10:00 to 20:00 hours.
The planned staffing table will include 4 sellers.
Description of products and services
The average markup for foodstuffs will be 20%:
- Extra charge for goods of basic necessity not more than 15%;
- markup for fruits and vegetables no more than 30%;
- Markup for alcohol products not more than 30%.
Suppliers of basic necessities will mainly be local producers. Such products include: egg, cottage cheese, milk, sour cream, bread and bakery products, flour, cheese, sausages, etc.
Since individual entrepreneurs do not have the right to trade strong alcoholic products, the sale of strong alcohol will be carried out by providing a lease of shelf spaces for organizations licensed.
The structure of the assortment of goods can be represented as a chart:
The main visitors of the outlet will be residents of the dormitory area, as it will be the only shop walking distance within a radius of 200 m. It is assumed that every resident of the district can reach the store in just 1-2 minutes.
How much can you earn on product sales
Estimated number of visitors (market capacity)
In the sector where it is planned to place a grocery store there are 6 nine houses with the total number of adult population (from 16 years) about 3 000 people. It is estimated that the daily grocery store will be visited by 10% of residents or 300 people per day. Since the store is not designed for a large volume of purchases (as in self-service hypermarkets), the average check in our store will be approximately 200 rubles/person.
Total estimated revenue per day-60 000 rubles. However, such indicators will not be achieved immediately. Therefore, we will present the so-called schedule of output to the design capacity of the grocery store:
It is expected that only by the 2nd quarter of 2014, the grocery store will reach the maximum value of daily revenue.
Revenue targets will be achieved by gaining trust from buyers, which is planned to be conquered in the following ways:
- Exceptionally fresh products, especially basic necessities (bread, milk, curd, egg…);
- A large range of products of local manufacturers at low prices;
- Polite attitude to the buyer from the sellers of the store.
The expected revenue of the grocery store for the calendar year will be 13.8 million. Rubles.
Production plan of the grocery store
The fabricated building, built from sandwich panels, will have the following characteristics:
- The store frame includes light metal structures;
- The walls consist of sandwich panels with insulation on the basis of Styrofoam 120 mm;
- Roofing consists of roofing sandwich panels on the basis of foam 150 mm;
- PVC windows and doors;
- The foundation consists of screw piles.
- The area of the store is 100 m2, the trading area is 58 m2.
Construction of such an object under the key area of 100 m2 on the technology of sandwich panels will cost 1.1 million. Rubles. The structure of the premises will comply with all standards of SES and fire safety regulations.
Working with suppliers
Delivery of foodstuffs will be carried out by wholesale organizations under the preliminary concluded contracts. It is planned to work with at least 8-9 distributors. All payments with suppliers will be made through a bank account.
In accordance with the rules and regulations of the Rospotrebnadzor will be concluded a contract for the removal of solid domestic waste and debris.
It is also planned to conclude a contract with the bank for collection of funds (proceeds) and settlement and cash services.
The planned staffing table includes:
Hiring an accountant on a full-time basis does not make sense, as the entrepreneur will be on the special. Tax regime (imputed). That is why it is planned to attract accountant services through outsourcing. Costs per year for outsourcing will make about 50 thousand. Rubles.
The owner will perform the function of the shop administrator.
Sellers will work on a shift schedule 2/2. Quarterly awards are possible for good labour performance.
The store will be guarded by the installation of a special security system.
List of activities and their cost for opening a business:
Total to run the project will need 60 days and 2.59 million. Rubles.
To start the project will need an investment of 2.59 mln. Rubles. Of them own funds make 590 thousand. Rubles and borrowed (private investment) 2 mln. Rubles.
The main monthly expenses of an individual entrepreneur will be the payment of salaries to employees – 48 000 rubles. Per month (44%).
In addition to the payment of salaries large expenses of the entrepreneur will be the payment of insurance contributions to RPF and FSS: 14 400 rubles per month for employees and 3 000 rubles per month for IP.
The total amount of monthly expenses (constant expenses) of the grocery store will be 108 thousand. Rubles.
The annual cost structure is presented as a chart:
The total amount of annual expenses will be 1 301 000 rubles.
The break-even point of sales at the average trade mark-up of 20% will be 648 thousand. Rubles per month:
A full list of all costs, as well as calculation of gross and net profit is presented in the table-income and expenditure forecast:
Net profit on the results of annual sales will be 1.42 mln. Rubles.
Profitability of sales = 10.3%
Profitability of the grocery store = 11.7%
Payback of the project = 21 month
This is a complete, ready project that you will not find in the free access.
Business Plan content: 1. Konfindencialnost 2. Summary 3. Stages of project implementation 4. Object characteristic 5. Marketing Plan 6. Technical and economic data of the equipment 7. Financial plan 8. Risk Assessment 9. Financial and economic substantiation of investments 10. Conclusions
Бизнесмен, инвестор, финансовый консультант